Self Tanning: How To Use Tanning Drops + Water
WHAT I USE TO SELF TAN AT HOME
Lately I have been getting so many questions on my tan! I talk about it all the time on Instagram and on my Instagram “Tanning” highlight, but have never addressed it on here, so I am excited to share it in more depth! For probably the last 5 or 6 months I have been using only these tanning water and drops & have seriously become obsessed with how easy they are to use and how amazing of at at-home tan they give. For whatever reason, I like to use the drops just for my face, and the water just for my body, and I find that it works really well that way for me. You can use the drops all over your body, just make sure you always mix with lotion. I think the bottle would last much longer if you just used it for your face though. If you want to use the tanning water on your face, I would definitely use a fresh mitt or have one you only use for your face. You do not want the same mitt rubbing your body to be rubbing your face, I imagine!
What I like about this product:
The products do not have any added bronzer or coloring to them, which I love because it feels really clean to use them. I never have to worry about using the face drops and not being able to put on makeup after. Or even worse, worrying about getting in to bed after I use the tanning water, because there isn’t nay immediate color transfer. Both products have a very subtle smell; not like your typical tanning lotion smell. It is very subtle and smells sort of tropical.
What might take time to master:
Since the drops and water are both clear, and not colored with bronzer, it does take a few uses to figure out how your skin takes the color and how to best apply the product. It can have a tendency to look streaky if you don’t take the time to really apply it properly or pre your skin beforehand.
get the glow
PURPLE: DARK / PINK: MEDIUm
MIX WITH YOUR FACE LOTION
For whatever reason, I like to use the drops just for my face, and the water just for my body, and I find that it works really well that way for me. As you will read below, the tanning drops are to be added to lotion or moisturizer and mixed before putting on the skin. They are very strong and need to be diluted by the lotion before being put on the skin. I like keeping the drops for my face, and adding them to my face lotion whenever I need a little color; usually before I go to bed or on a day when I am not putting on makeup, although you can put makeup over the top of it too! I think the drops are pretty easy and fool proof, as long as you mix them with the lotion before applying to your face.
• start with a clean / washed face
• put some face lotion or cream into your palm
• drop 1-10 drops (depends on how dark of color you want) into
your palm with the lotion, i usually do about 6 drops
• mix together in your hand
• spread all over your face like you would if it was just the lotion;
just make sure it's even and all over!
• sleep with the lotion/drop mix on
• i wash my face every morning, so when i wake up i wash my face
and put more lotion on like normal
• face will get darker overnight
• DO NOT USE DROPS on their own!
• you can do it as many times as week as you want or use as
many drops as you want - find what works best for you!
USE ALL OVER YOUR BODY
The tanning water can be a bit more tricky, but if you follow the steps (and make sure to use a mitt!) you will learn what works best for you, and after a few tries you will probably find your rhythm pretty quickly with how to apply it.
• clean / exfoliated body & pat dry
• i usually spray in the shower so the spray doesn't get on the floor or walls
• spray water all over body (it's clear); starting with one
area to make sure everything gets covered
• use a mitt and rub the tanning water up and down, then in circles;
spray again if you need more
• repeat on arms, legs, back, stomach, neck
• go gentle on ankles, knees, elbows, hands because they tend
to take color more (esp. if they are dry)
• take the mitt up to your neck where it meets with your
face (drops will tan your face) but you want it to look even and have no lines
• wash hands after
• sleep for 6-8 hours and rinse off in the shower the next morning
• use tanning water weekly or bi-weekly or whenever you need more color!